"You are the only one I would trust with Salem and Tigger You're the best Katherine xxxxx."
Terms and Conditions
Please note: by bringing your cat(s) to board with us, we will consider you have accepted the following terms & conditions.
Happy Cats Hotel, Boarding Cattery is very happy to accept any breed and age of cat provided that:
- The cat is generally in good health, can walk and use a litter tray
- We are informed of any recent illness or veterinary treatment that your cat has had
- Any special dietary or medication requirements must be discussed with us and agreed at the time of booking
- If medication is required to be administered this will be undertaken provided the animal will accept the medication without resistance and that the medication can be given by a person who does not have veterinary qualifications
- Happy Cats Hotel will only accept cats with up to date certificates of vaccinations for Feline Infectious Enteritis and Cat Flu (upper respiratory infections). This must accompany and remain with your cat/s on each boarding occasion. Cats without supporting vaccination certificates cannot be accepted for boarding
- Any male cat over 9 months old has been neutered
- The cat has been recently and effectively treated for flea and worm eradication; cats which have not had flea treatment on arrival will, at our discretion, be treated by us and a charge made. If any cat boarded is found to have an infestation of fleas on arrival, the management reserves the right to treat the cat at the owner's cost
- Owners undertake to declare any history of veterinary problems that could reoccur while boarding and to draw attention to any traits or vices their animals may have
All cats will be examined on arrival for signs of ill health. The proprietor reserves the right to refuse admission to any cat showing signs of ill-health pending advice from a Veterinary Surgeon. Owners must appreciate that this is an essential practice and procedure to safeguard the health of all cats boarded. Veterinary attendance is assured (should this be necessary) and any treatment prescribed by a Veterinary Surgeon can be continued for the duration of the cats stay.
- Whilst cats boarding at Happy Cats Hotel receive every care and attention, they are boarded entirely at the risk of the owner, Should any cat fall ill whilst being boarded the Proprietor reserves the right to call in a veterinary surgeon and act upon his advice and the expenses incurred be met by the owner of the cat.
- We are not qualified to care for sick animals. Where specialist care is required the pet should be left in the care of a vet. If a pet becomes unwell while boarded it will be admitted by Sheppards the Vets, Veterinary Surgery if necessary and the owner will be responsible for the veterinary fees.
- Additional charges may be raised where above normal care is found to be required. This situation can occur with elderly or arthritic cats.
Elderly or ailing cats
If your cat is elderly or suffering from a terminal disease, you will be asked what you would like us to do in the unhappy event of your cat becoming very ill or even dying whilst in our care. It will help us to deal with the situation knowing we have done our utmost to carry out your request in your absence. Where possible we will ask for a contact number to keep you informed at all times.
It is our policy not to refuse fierce cats but for our own safety we do ask owners to please tell us if your cat is unlikely to be friendly.
Arrivals & Departures
All cats should arrive in suitable cat carriers of ample size and solid enough to prevent the cat from escaping. Please do not attempt to carry your cat in your arms at any time during arrival or departure; this is for the health and safety of all cats in the care of Happy Cats Hotel.
Until all papers are signed and the cat is taken from the owner into the accommodation area of the Hotel, only then does the cat become the responsibility of the proprietor. Until then, the responsibility lies entirely with the owner.
Our customers may bring or collect their pets during our business hours only. However we would advise that pets be dropped off before dark wherever possible so that they can be familiarised to us and the new surroundings.
Please Note:- We will not generally open the cattery after hours as this only disturbs the animals once settled.
Admittance to the accommodation area of the cattery is at the discretion of the management.
These terms and conditions are intended to be a tool to help us run Happy Cats Hotel efficiently and effectively. They are intended to be flexible where possible and fair to all concerned. If you have any difficulties with any of the above, please contact us.
Our commitment to you:
- We undertake to care for your cat(s) at least as well as you would be doing & always to consider their health, happiness and general well-being
- We will provide warm & dry individual penthouse accommodation for your cat(s) with bed & bedding.
- Your cat(s) will have the opportunity of exercise all day and night in their spacious secure Penthouse area. Toys and scratching posts are also provided
- Time is spent each day with all boarders to make sure that the cat is happy and comfortable
- Your cat(s) will be fed on high quality food during his/her stay unless your instructions are to the contrary. If you require a particular brand to be fed, we will be happy to carry out your wishes provided notice is given or you provide it
- For your cat's safety, any collars will be removed upon arrival
- We undertake to keep your cat as comfortable as possible during his/her stay
- He/she will only be given high quality food in line with the diet specified on his/her registration form
- If he/she has a special diet this will be followed
- Medication will be administered in accordance vets instructions
- Plentiful clean water will be available at all times
- Your cat will have a clean litter tray
- The cat's penthouses are cleaned daily and thoroughly with a high quality animal friendly disinfectant
- Penthouses are routinely sprayed with vet reccommended household flea preparation
- We like to interact with the cats. We love to talk to, stroke and cuddle the cats when they allow us to